Sunday, February 19, 2017

IOC practice

I shared my video with you because it was too big to post on here!!
Below is my passage and annotations I made



SELF GRADING:
Criterion A: 6- So I felt like I had a solid understanding of the text and offered strong textual examples, except I was not too great at the historical connection part or remembering when Macbeth became thane of glams or thane of cawdor and idk which was when but overall everything was strong.
Criterion B: 7- I felt as if I explored the literary devices well, I might not have address the affect on the reader as much as I should have.
Criterion C: 3- my structure was there but I had stray pieces of information that I threw in there that had no home, making it a little disorganized at times.
Criterion D: 3- I might have been a tad too causal in my tone and language and I needed to enhance my vocabulary used. I think now that I understand what it's like to have to talk for the ten minutes and what I need to talk about for those ten minutes I could talk in a more coherent and intelligent way next time.
total score: 19- not bad but could be a whole lot better

2 comments:

  1. Macie-
    You are ridiculously awesome. Love the video (it was a nice change from faceless audio recordings...).
    I actually totally agree with your self-assesment. Some suggestions:
    As far as organization- keep linking back to that statement at the beginning of each part/section.
    Review your packets so you know where Macbeth will be king ;)
    I agree about the reader/effect...think about it like textual evidence of device/technique that supports thesis, what it's meaning is in the passage, and the effect/ what the reader should understand (why this technique/device as opposed to another...?)
    Watch your tone; I'm not concerned about it for the actual IOC, but it's a bit casual here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries about time...you will be fine for the actual IOC.

      Delete